Sunday, January 30, 2011

Gin on the rocks, margarita on the rocks.......

Sure we have all heard of these liquids being kept "on the rocks", but urine on the rocks!!!! After working in the hospital for 8 years, I had no idea that collecting a 24 hour urine specimen meant saving up all your pee for 24 hours and keeping it in a jug in a tub of ice. Jace was as fascinated by this as I was. After another blah day today with high-ish blood pressures and more swelling the doctors are just checking again for signs of pre-eclampsia. My labs came back good though and so I suspect the urine sample will also.

The good news is that we have an actual delivery date scheduled. It will be for a c-section on February 16th if these boys don't decide to come earlier. I will admit, it took me a day or two to get excited about this news because it seems a little far off still. But.... we have already put so many weeks behind us, and ultimately this is what we have been praying for for so long. I just need to continue to take it week by week like I have been and it will be here before I know it. That date will put us at 35 and 5/7 days. Originally, Dr. Owen had said she would probably deliver at 36 weeks. So after all we have been through, there is a chance that we actually may make it to the end!!! It is a complete shift in thinking after so many weeks thinking we would have itty bitty premies, to now think we may have almost term babies! I think this is just God's way of reminding me again to stop trying to make plans. Even after I was admitted here and was forced to let go of control and give it all to God, trusting in His plan, I still was making plans for babies in nicu. So now, I am again reminded that I am not in control and it is truly up to God on when these babies will come and if they will go to nicu or not. Only He knows, all I can do is wait and see.

1 comment:

  1. February 16th will be here before you know it! I'm so proud of you and your patience! By the way, my first baby was born on Feb. 16th! It'll be a great day :)

    ReplyDelete