Thursday, January 20, 2011

10 Weeks on the Inside

I forgot to mention that yesterday marked 10 weeks since I have been here. Time has really gone by relatively quickly. While I have gotten to know almost all of the nurses, aides, housekeepers, food delivery folks, and ultrasound techs by name and they have gotten to know me, there is still one group of people here that remain elusive- the food service phone answerers. For the past 10 weeks, at least twice a day, I call in my meal order, and each day I say the exact same thing- "may I order breakfast/lunch/dinner for Riggins?". While this group of people are always very friendly, about 50% of the time the answer I get is "you want to order for Reegan/Higgins/Reagan". I have been so tempted to respond with "no, Riggins, the same one that has been calling for 10 weeks" but that would just be rude. Now I would understand if it were different people that answered the phone, but it is basically the same group of people. I know because I recognize their names and voices. I do believe some of them recognize me, but really.... 10 weeks of saying the same thing and I still have to clarify who I am. It really doesn't bother me, I find it quite amusing actually. But.... my personal goal is for them to recognize me over the phone before I kick this joint!

Today I had an ultrasound and both boys looked fantastic, though squished! They both had very good fluid, with baby A (on the left) having the largest pocket of fluid that he has ever had. I questioned if I was still leaking amniotic fluid and so another test (the third since I have been here) was done to determine this. The good news..... it was NEGATIVE!!! Somehow, my little leak has sealed itself shut. The bad news..... I guess I am peeing on myself occasionally! Oh well, that is really the better of the two options, and what can you expect with two babies dancing on your bladder!

No comments:

Post a Comment