Friday, January 7, 2011

Happy 30 Week Unbirthday, Boys!

Today marks 30 weeks for these little guys! That means I have been here for 8 weeks and 2 days! What a long way we have come since 21 and 5/7 weeks. Today I had a visit from a wonderful friend who brought me a very creative 30 week gift- tons of goodies all in quantities of 30!! It does not cease to amaze me how much these boys are loved, and they are not even here yet. I thought I would celebrate the unbirthday with a lemon bar that someone put in my fridge last night at 2 am- that would be Stuart who gets to sneak up and visit me sometimes when he works through the night, though usually not so late. Well, I decided after the first lemon bar that that only celebrated for one baby, so I had another, and then decided I should also get to celebrate, so guess what?? I had another!!! Hmmmm, I wonder what has led to a 65 pound weight gain this pregnancy?

It has been a very exciting week. I have been allowed to go on 2 wheelchair rides per day (although, so far I have only done 1 per day) and sit up to eat meals. It feels so good to get to go outside in the fresh air. I also got to go see all my great NICU nurse friends yesterday. When comparing these boys weights to a baby in NICU at a similar weight, I am amazed that there are 2 of them crammed in my tummy! I will admit that the outings do tire me out, which is moderately pathetic, but I am so glad to be able to start to improve my endurance. I am still having contractions in the afternoon, but not anything that a little shot of turbutaline can't control. Jace has enjoyed getting to go on rides with momma. He has been very sweet and affectionate lately, crawling up to Stuart or I to smother us with kisses and wanting us to "kiss it better" anytime he bumps something. He has also been quite funny with his little dances he does when he is happy. I have had such a good time visiting with my grams and am so thankful that she is getting everything ready for when we do get to go home.

Jace and I outside- he was so proud to wear a vest like Daddy!



PS- Please say a little prayer for my friend who is struggling with fertility and loss, and a praise for my sister Jess who passed her NCLEX and is now a RN. Rachel will take her test in 2 weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment