Monday, January 3, 2011

Top Ten

The top ten ways you know you have been in the hospital too long:
(Jackie, you'll appreciate this!)
10) Getting a new pair of TED hose is exciting!
9) Getting a new plastic hat to catch your pee in the potty is even more exciting!
8) It makes your whole week to have hot water an entire shower!
7) There is not a single episode of House Hunters on HGTV that you haven't already seen.
6) The special Christmas dinner from the cafeteria sounds really good because it is something not on the regular menu. And steroid shots for a Christmas gift are the best gift ever because it means babies are still where they need to be!
5) There is a permanent indented hole in the middle of the bed sized perfectly for your rear-end. I like to refer to it as my "butt-hole".
4) It has taken 1/4th of a year's calendar to mark the days on the inside.
3) Being in bed so long causes you to get winded after walking the 30 feet to and from the potty and your calf muscle start to look like they did in elementary school.
2) An exciting social event is a trip to the ultrasound room and a chance to get to wave at the nurses on the way by.
and the big number
1) You can estimate correctly your volume of pee without having to look at the measurement lines in the pee catcher hat!

1 comment:

  1. So excited to get a mention in the blog:)
    I can relate to some, but not all. I dodged the TED hose. They brought them to me, but I just put off wearing them, saying, I will wear them if I stop getting out of bed and walking around regularly (you don't have a choice). I never got a new pee catcher (I may be a little jealous about that one). Mine wasn't house hunters it was anything on TLC in the evening (Cake Boss, DC cupcakes, Say Yes to The Dress). I still think I could recite most episodes! As for being winded, just wait til you get out and start walking farther. Makes you feel like a wimp! I've been working out since early Nov (just cardio, no weights). Monday I started trying to add in some resistance training with weight machines, man am I still WEAK! Get ready! Personally, for me, my number one would be: You know you WERE in the hospital too long when FOUR months later, your 3 year old son sees a bag of BBQ chips and it reminds him of the chips that were in the room when "Mommy lived at the hospital" :) Glad you are hanging in there. You have my stay record beat (which I am so grateful for, those babies would have been here too early if you'd tied me!) Still praying everyday!

    ReplyDelete