Thursday, February 10, 2011

8 more sleeps!

In 8 more days we will get to meet these little guys!! Our good little buddy, Kaleb, counts down days to exciting events by how many nights ("sleeps") there are left. So, in honor of Kaleb, I will say 8 more sleeps!!! Which actually is a very fitting way to celebrate each day we get closer, as nights are really the only time I get uncomfortable. Just imagine a turtle stuck on their back having to find a way to roll over every 2 hours to waddle (now think duck) to the bathroom!! But I am thankful for the hospital bed rails and raised head of the bed. I really think I would have gotten stuck many times in our bed at home. In what has become my trademark, my blood pressure and swelling continue to be inconsistent, one day up and then the next day down, sometimes up and down within the same day. This was well illustrated the other day when, after waking up with very little swelling, I proudly told the nurse practitioner "and my swelling is great today". I was a bit shocked when I pulled up my pant leg to reveal ankles that were overhanging my shoes!! It is all worth it though because they are almost here!!

On an unhappy note, our little Jace has ear infections in both ears. He has kept Stuart up a few nights with hour long crying spells, saying it hurts and pointing to his ears and throat. We are glad that we got him on an antibiotic and can get him all well before these boys come. Poor little guy, it's hard to have him sick and not be able to console him. However, he has become quite the daddy's boy lately and is happy to have daddy hold and love on him.

Edited to add: We had an ultrasound today and poor Wendy really had to work to get the measurements she needed, as both boys are so squished! But..... Baby A measures 6#7oz, and baby B was 6#15oz!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment