Thursday, July 7, 2011

We're Back......


Ok, so I don’t know if anyone still cares to read about our crazy life with 3 little boys, but if I don’t keep a record of it I am afraid we will look back and just remember a blur. I haven’t posted in a loooong time and while I have wanted to several times, the OCD in me won’t let me get out of order.  So the plan is to get all caught up this week. Right now Lane is playing quietly and poor Cole is screaming like someone pinching him. I may sound unsympathetic, but this is how my little Cole spends a good bit of his day. He can be one of the happiest, smiling babies you would ever meet and then 2 seconds later be screaming bloody murder. No build up, no transition- one extreme to the other. But he is so dang cute, you can’t help but forgive his ear piercing screams. Lane’s personality is God’s way of keeping a mommy of twins sane. He has a mild personality, doesn’t get real upset and may crack a smile for you if you’re lucky but mostly just hangs out and studies everything. Jace has developed a spunky little personality. He likes to refer to me as “on-isa” and daddy is now “dad” or “ste-wart”.  He has become obsessed with music and dancing. I will admit, though someday he may be angry at me for telling, but he LOVES the Disney princess movies- especially Belle from Beauty and the Beast and Ariel in Little Mermaid.  He has been so sweet to “his” babies. He always brings them toys and proudly shows them off to others, saying “that’s Lane and Cole” usually followed by “don’t touch my babies”. I would rather have an overprotective big brother though than a jealous one. Stuart is finishing up his summer session of nurse prac school and has gone back to work after being off 6 weeks after his umbilical hernia repair. He had a bit of infection and wound healing issues after surgery, but I think our family is now hernia free and healthy!! People like to ask me what life is like with 3 under 3, and I would love to tell them, but honestly I don’t have a realistic picture of it yet. So far it hasn’t been too difficult; it is busy but so much fun! However, I have cheated a bit and have had help most of the past 6 months. Either my mom or grandmother has been here or had Jace with them since November (for which we will be eternally grateful for) except about 3 weeks!! My mom is getting ready to head back to Arizona, by way of Ruidoso, and much to his excitement is taking Jace back with her to see Pops. In a few weeks, Stuart and I will load up the babies and drive out to get him. Our plane days are sadly over, I’m afraid. All this to say, if you see me in August wrestling three kids by myself, my hair a new shade of grey, just give me a hug and word of encouragement; real life will have begun. Luckily I have stopped feeling like I need to be super mom and have more frequently accepted help when offered. I have been so grateful for nice strangers out in public who have wanted to help me load up my car, held a crying baby so I could get organized, or caught Jace during an escape act. I guess pushing a shopping cart with a 2 year old while dragging a stroller with 2 babies draws a little attention. I must allow for “visiting” time when we go out in public, everyone seems to be a twin or knows some funny twin story. Ok now the good stuff… Here are a few pics:
Cole

Jace and Lane


Lane
Cole and Lane




2 comments:

  1. Love the updates!!! Precious boys!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HEY!!!! The twins are precious and Jace is so stinkin gorgeous! What a hunk! So good to get an update. Miss you guys.

    ReplyDelete