Sunday, April 17, 2011

Birthday weekend

Well, Stuart and I are both officially one year older. We had a great birthday weekend, busy but a lot of fun. Aunt Summer came to visit the boys and brought them some beach shoes- maybe someday we will make it to the beach before the boys are 20. Saturday, my birthday, started off with a relaxing morning at home followed by cousin Coutney's wedding. She was a beautiful bride and the ceremony was so nice. It was great to see all of Stuart's family. Gigi and several aunts, uncles and cousins got to meet the boys also. Jace sure does love his Gigi and enjoyed sitting with her most of the reception. Sunday, Stuart's birthday, was spent in Amarillo to watch Caden's baseball game and have lunch with the whole family. Even though they lost the game, it was great to see Caden play. Jace got his first "skunt" knee, as Stuart calls it, and didn't shed a tear. Now he may have fussed over other silly things but I was proud he toughed it up after his fall! The little boys enjoyed the nice weather and so did this momma. It was wonderful to be outside after being indoors for so long. Lane was content to sit and look around and Cole was his active self but happy. I am proud to say that we made it to both events on time and didn't forget any children. We may have left the wedding gift, and run off without a paci, but we covered the main areas and the outings went off without a hitch. Planning and creativity have been the key to survival.
Tonight I gave all the boys a bath in the tub (the little ones one at a time of course). Jace loves to help wash their hair and scrub them down with a washcloth. I swear they are the cleanest little things after Jace gets ahold of them. After everyone went to bed I sat outside and rocked. I do believe that is the first quiet alone time I have had since being home! What a wonderful birthday, surrounded by people we love and with all our miracle boys to hold. Thank you to everyone for the wonderful birthday wishes!

I have to tell this funny, I hope you you don't mind Missy! My sister was explaining to her very intelligent, intuitive little guy that whales have blow holes and after thinking about it he replied "my penis has a blow hole too"! Gotta love a 2 year olds logic.

The wonderful Riggins clan!

Lane

Cole

First Family Pic!

1 comment:

  1. Hi, Analissa! Suzanne sent me the link to your blog. Your boys are so cute! And you have an older one just like me. Crazy, isn't it? But really so much fun. Anyway, here's the link to pictures of our kids. Glad we can keep in touch online. Zahra and Penelope will be 6 mo on the 29th, and Quinn is 3 1/2.
    Kate Herold
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/9347009@N08/

    ReplyDelete